Monday, January 10, 2011

Looking Back, Starting Again

Looking back on this blog, more than 6 years after my first blog post, I flirted with the idea of jettisoning this baggage of the past and starting a new blog.

A new blog, for a new sense of purpose, and a new sense of myself in the world. One in which I took myself a little less seriously, and perhaps didn't impose a sleep-inducing 2,000-word minimum to merely state the obvious.

The temptation to delete everything and start anew is one I've decided not to flirt with any longer, though. It's the temptation of the idealistic perfectionist, and though both qualities are to be celebrated, neither are to be humored for too long. This blog, in all its rambling rhetoric, and self-absorbed glory, is me. It plots my course, as a confused, idealistic nativist, to an equally confused working professional with way too much time on his hands.

I think this journey should continue. Let's see where it goes.

2 comments:

  1. Very poignant words, Sir! And I agree. Stay with this blog. Years from now, you can look back and track your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I'm tickled by the fact that you have a 2,000-word minimum. I have a 200-word minimum. :)

    ReplyDelete

Labels

About Me

My photo
Singapore
I write essays in my spare time on things that are important to me. The ones that I feel are any good, or make any sense, I put them up here. :)